Who we are
Our website address is https://cryptocurrencyinvestment.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Privacy & Cookie Statement
This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for The CryptocurrencyInvestment website (“we”, “us” and “our site”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy and any other documents referred to in it explain:
• Information we collect about you
• Legal bases for processing your information
• How we use your information
• Our promotional updates and communications
• Where we store your information
• How long we keep your information
• Cookies and other technologies
• Who we give your information to
• How we protect your information
• Changing your information or closing your account
• Child safety
• European Union residents
• Changes to this policy
• Your rights
• Contact us
This Privacy Statement applies to the operations of The CryptocurrencyInvestment, which serves users in the European Union and in the United States of America, and by using the sites and providing us with personal data you are consenting to our processing data in the European Union and the United States and under its laws. Data handling practices and rules may differ from country to country.
If you are a resident of the European Union and wish to use our site, you can find information on the data policies that pertain to you in this document.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, The CryptocurrencyInvestment cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. What does all of this mean? Just as in the investing world, you must protect yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online, especially when using a computer that other people can use also.
Many of our advertisers or partners, such as brokerages, merchants, or data providers, link from our site to areas on their own sites where they sell their own products and services. If you follow links from our site to others, you should be aware that you are doing business with those other sites, which have their own privacy and data collection practices. The CryptocurrencyInvestment has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies (and we may not even know what they are). For more information regarding a site and its privacy policies, check that site.
1. The Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data from you:
1.1 Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us directly when you interact with us.
- Signing Up for Content Delivered via Email: When you sign up for a report or other content delivered by email, we will ask for your email address. We may also ask for your name as well as capture your IP address.
- Subscribing to a Service: When subscribing to any of our newsletter or product services, or purchasing a special research report, we need to know the sort of information typically used for credit card transactions, such as your name, address, telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date. We encrypt all of this information using Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology.
- Coin Information: If you enter Coins into a Watchlist, or if you rate Coins on our website, we will save that information and use it to identify content that we think is relevant to you. We will also use that information in the aggregate to help us better understand what our community and our premium members are interested in, so we can create and target our content better.
- Other Services: We may also ask for additional information when providing other services. If you don’t want to give us the information requested, you certainly don’t have to, but you will not be able to take advantage of such offerings. On occasion, we may also ask you for other personal information in connection with surveys, contests or other promotional offers running on our site, but again, your participation in these features is purely voluntary.
- Information About Others: If you use our recommendation service to email one of our articles to a friend, you will need to provide us with your friend’s email address and your email address as a return address. We will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached, as well as invite your friend to visit and register with our site. We will not use these email addresses for any other purpose.
1.2 Information we collect while you’re using our site:
- While on our site, we automatically log certain information about how you’re using our site. This information may include the URL that you just came from, your IP address (or a partially anonymized IP address) and the pages you visit while on our site.
- We may place a pixel on pages on our site, or those of our advertisers and partners. This enables us to record in our server logs that a specific user id has visited a particular page. This data allows us to analyze and determine our audience’s behavioral characteristics, which helps us to optimize our site, advertisement placement, and marketing focus.
1.3 Information we receive from other sources:
We allow our partners to collect certain information when you visit our site. They may utilize cookies, pixels, beacons, or other technologies to collect and use information about you during your visit to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements they feel you would like. We have also engaged third-party companies to process information about our users on our behalf, to help us improve our sites and find new members. These companies will combine our data about how you visit our websites with information that they have collected from outside our sites and provide it to us (and only us) so that we can optimize your experience on fool.com across devices and based on your interests.
(b) download the Evidon Ad Control application, available for iOS and Android, to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in mobile apps; and
2. The legal bases we rely on:
We can collect and process your data with your consent.
- For example, if you have given your consent to receiving marketing material from us at the point we collect your information.
2.2 Contractual Obligations
We need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
- For example, where you have provided us with your email address to receive our services, we will use this information in order to effectively deliver and communicate our services.
2.3 Legal Compliance
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
- For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to applicable law enforcement.
2.4 Legitimate interest
We may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- For example, it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and we provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
3. How we use your information
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To keep you informed about products and services similar to the ones you subscribe to.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- Internal research: Cookies (which are discussed further below) and the other information we automatically track are used to help us better understand how our audience uses our site as well as for internal research on users’ demographics and interests.
4. Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted by one of the legal bases above, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and provide you with promotional update communications by email about our products/services and those of our business partners.
You can object to further marketing at any time by: (i) checking and updating your contact details within your account page; (ii) selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you; or (iii) sending us an email to email@example.com
Please note: If you purchase products or services from us, or if you register for an account with us, we may contact you to confirm your purchase, subscription, or registration, or to provide you with information about its terms or features. You may wish to keep these transactional or relationship emails, to help you use our products and services.
5. How long we keep your information
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill any legal obligations we may have as well as for purposes of processing your information (for example, if you continue to subscribe to one of our services, we will need your information to deliver the service to you). We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
6. Cookies and other technologies
Cookies contain bits of data that websites such as our place on your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the web more useful by collecting and storing information about your preferences on a particular site and help websites operate more efficiently. Cookies and similar technologies enable you to be remembered when using that computer or device to interact with websites and online services and can be used to manage a range of features and content as well as storing searches and presenting personalized content.
We use our cookies:
- With the aim of optimizing our website and improving the member experience. Cookies help us estimate our audience size, determine usage patterns and help us better target content and ads based on our users’ interests.
- You have the option of not accepting the cookies we set. However, if you reject our cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of most of the features on our site, including subscription-based services.
In addition to the cookies set directly by our partners, there are also cookies set by third parties to help deliver and monitor their ads. Please note we neither control nor have access to those cookies, and these advertisers’ uses of cookies are subject to their own privacy policies and not that of The Motley Fool.
8. Cookie Removal and More Information
You can always modify your browser so as not to accept cookies or to notify you when cookies are sent to it.
9. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not give, rent, lend or sell individual information to any third party. Furthermore, we will not disclose any information about individual users, except as described below.
- With your consent.
- Current or Prospective Advertisers/Partners: We may share your data with advertisers and business partners to help deliver more relevant advertising and content to you.
- If you sign up for a special offer from an advertiser (for example, in our “What Every Fool Needs” or “Special Offers” areas, or whatever we call them if we change their names), we will provide your individual contact information (for example, name, mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number), so that the advertiser or its agent can fulfill the special offer. Once the advertiser receives the information, it will handle the information under its own privacy policies. Obviously, if you do not want a particular advertiser to have your personal information, then you should not sign up for that advertiser’s offer.
- We may disclose information to selected partners, under nondisclosure agreements, only for the purpose of marketing The CryptocurrencyInvestment co-branded offerings (such as a newsletter). Those partners will be able to use the personal information they receive from us only for marketing the co-branded offerings, not for marketing anything else.
If you purchase products or services from us, or if you register for an account with us, we may contact you to confirm your purchase, subscription, or registration, or to provide you with information about its terms or features. You may wish to keep these transactional or relationship emails, to help you use our products and services.
- If you sign up for a service that relies upon third parties for important elements, we will provide your personal information to the third parties so that they can provide you with their services, and those companies will treat the data under their own policies. We will tell you about these service providers at the time you sign up for the service.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may employ the services of third party providers to aid us in certain aspects of our operations (such as the distribution of our email products or conducting a survey for us). Depending on the services performed, some of these providers may be provided with user information. These contractors would be subject to confidentiality agreements which limit their use and disclosure of all information they obtain through their relationship with us to Fool-related business only, consistent with this policy.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose your personally identifiable information to protect the rights and property of the company as well as to comply with any applicable law or valid legal process. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Requests by Government Agencies. We will disclose any information we have in our possession to law enforcement or government officials in response to any inquiry or investigation or if in our sole discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in connection with any investigation or activity that is or may be illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
- Disclosures we are legally required or entitled to make under any enactment, rule of law or by the order of a court.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Access to paid-for areas of the site, such as our newsletter services is password-protected for your privacy and security. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. What does all this mean? Just as in the investing world, you must protect yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. If you need to change your password, please follow the steps outlined below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
10. Changing Your Information or Closing Your Account
- If you want to change your email address for delivery of your paid-for subscriptions, or you would like to change your password, you should go to your accounts page.
- If you would rather not hear from us by email please click the unsubscribe link, which you will find at the bottom of our email messages. If you are paying for one of our newsletter services, please note that clicking on this link will not cancel your paid subscription, but is likely to affect deliverability of your newsletter messages, announcements or other product-related communications
- If you want to close your account – i.e., so that it cannot be logged into, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Protecting the safety of children when they use the internet is important to us.
The site is intended for use only by persons who are at least 13 years of age. By using this site, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement. If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
If you are under the age of 13 your parent or guardian must consent on your behalf where we ask for consent in relation to the use of your information.
12. Changes to this Privacy and Cookie Statement
We may amend this Privacy and Cookie Statement from time to time. If we make any substantive changes to this policy, we’ll announce it on our site and notify you by email.
13. European Users
For the purposes of European Economic Area data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is Cryptocurrencyinvestment, (email@example.com).
Below you’ll find the types of cookies that we set when you visit our website and their purpose:
- Strictly Necessary: cookies that enable the services that you have specifically asked or paid for;
- Performance: cookies that collect information on how visitors use our site including the pages visited and most frequented as well as the sources of our traffic. They are used to help us improve how the site works;
- Functionality: cookies that help us remember the choices you have made so we can provide you with a more personalized experience; and
- Advertising: cookies used to deliver more relevant ads, and to make sure you don’t see the same adverts over and over again.
13.2 Data Storage
The data that we collect from you is transferred to and may be stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that is not subject to equivalent Data Protection Law. For our purposes, the information we collect is processed and stored in the US.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfill our contract with you. This includes order fulfillment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
13.3 European site users have certain rights under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing (as mentioned in ‘our promotional updates and communications’ section);
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
13.4 Your right to withdraw consent:
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html).